Conergy panels and Aurora invertor, good deal?

Wh05apkWh05apk Forumite
2.9K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
We have a large(ish) unshaded roof 15' east of south, angle about 29', so seems pretty ideal?

We have received an quote for 16 conergy 250p panels and aurora PVI 3.6 of £6,390which seems quite fair, is this a decent system? I don't want a cheap system, I want a good system cheap! as it will be on my roof for a long time, I would rather pay extra for quality.

From what I can see, the panels and invertor seem to be nothing exciting but ok?
I am a mortgage adviser.
You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.

Replies

• Wh05apkWh05apk Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an update, got the price to just under £6,000 which seems a decent price, and will befitted 2nd May, so just in time for the peak months to earn some money!
    I am a mortgage adviser.
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Sounds great and keep us posted.

Cheers
  • rogerblackrogerblack Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    In principle, if you have the roof, and the cash for it, and you can get approval for a larger system from your electricity compnay, then you might consider a larger system.
    The FIT payments for it are not very much smaller, and the payback on (say) a 10kW system may work out similar to a 4kW one - because though the payment is smaller, the cost per watt of installation is lower.
  • Wh05apkWh05apk Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    rogerblack wrote: »
    In principle, if you have the roof, and the cash for it, and you can get approval for a larger system from your electricity compnay, then you might consider a larger system.
    The FIT payments for it are not very much smaller, and the payback on (say) a 10kW system may work out similar to a 4kW one - because though the payment is smaller, the cost per watt of installation is lower.

I estimate, I could get 30 panels on the roof, would that cause any other issues with planning etc?

As you say the installation cost, should be less relative, as the scaffolding/cabling will be the same, presumably a larger invertor?
    I am a mortgage adviser.
  • jimjamesjimjames Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wh05apk wrote: »
    I estimate, I could get 30 panels on the roof, would that cause any other issues with planning etc?

As you say the installation cost, should be less relative, as the scaffolding/cabling will be the same, presumably a larger invertor?

For 30 panels you may want to get a surveyor to inspect your roof as that could be a substantial extra weight although that is offset by the larger size of the roof and supports, the panels may be too heavy without additional work to strengthen the roof.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides