Honeymoon competitions.

Options
If you have been married over a few years (like myself 16 years) would it be morally wrong to enter a competition on here to win a honeymoon?
We never actually had a honeymoon (unless you count two days in Blackpool) There is no law saying a married couple cannot have a honeymoon if it is over a year of wedded bliss is there?

Comments

• ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    There have been similar discussions further down in here which you might find interesting

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4519289

:)
  • kzmicallef
    kzmicallef Posts: 228 Forumite
    Options
    it's not something I would do, but it's a personal choice though I would point out you might have issues redeeming the prize as often they will want to know where your wedding etc is and some proof of booking before you can book flights also with your passports being in your married name and issued years previous to comp. But then again you may get away with it.
    Starting afresh - comping as much as poss!

Hoping for: some beauty goods, clothes, amazon vouchers, anime, manga, wardrobe, fridge freezer, laptop, an ipad, vouchers for next, exercise goods, a uk break and a wee hol somewhere nice!
    Wishing all a little luck:beer:
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,666 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My 'thing' is that I won't knowingly break the T&C, which means in this situation I would check if they specify must be newly wed or not. I also won't lie. Other than that, I will follow my gut instinct re ethics.

The other day someone said that for wedding related prizes where they ask for a wedding date, they will give their true wedding date, even though that was years ago. That way, it's up to the organisors to decide.

I guess you could also email those hosting these comps to ask.

In the end though, I shouldn't lose too much sleep either way. There are worse things to do :D
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're married. You'd be taking the holiday after you were married. If it doesn't specify in the t and c that must be taken immediately after marriage you're in :) Comping is about winning and not moralising etc. If you want a holiday then enter it.
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been tempted too - this year is my silver wedding anniversary & we're planning our "third honeymoon" as we had our "second honeymoon" after 10 years - think I deserve a medal nor a holiday
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • 17lbp
    17lbp Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    Have often wondered about this myself and wondered what others did. Do like serenity2012 train of thought though :)
    Massive thanks to all who contribute on the MSE forums, especially on grabbit and competition boards
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure