Vote for me competitions - how do they work?

Options
Hi - am really not sure if I am doing this right (please let it be!!!) as first time ever posted on a forum. I entered my little boys lego masterpiece (??! - seriously it's good and he did it all himself) into a competition and it is a finalist. Now it says that its a vote - is this all down to luck or do people "cheat"? It's a Book People Lego competition - my little boys is number 1 - a copy of his fave teddies (yes he's 8 and still loves them!) Just wanted to know whether I should canvas votes for him among family/friends - is it worth it? (my husband says people will "cheat" - how????

Sorry in advance if this is done wrong! Just googled competitions and this site came up! Thanks.

Comments

• OnceUponADream
    OnceUponADream Posts: 16,047 Forumite
    Options
    Is it a facebook competition?

People, I believe, are in vote sharing groups which enable them to get a vast amount of votes, likewise those with lots of friends can accumulate quite a number.

Not sure regarding cheating though, unless you had lots of accounts to cast votes with.

You can post in the thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=635355 asking for votes for your son.

Hope this helps and good luck
    The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    :TBig thanks to all competition posters:T
  • hiddenmichelle
    Options
    Thanks for your answer - its not a facebook competition - just on the book people site. Thanks for your suggestion though. Feels a bit wrong asking strangers for votes though - if he is to win I think it should be down to merit. But - will sleep on it and perhaps post where you suggest as i just want to make my son happy - would mean so much to him! Thanks for your time in replying.
  • hiddenmichelle
    Options
    Thanks again. Did post where you suggested and maybe he'll get a couple of votes. Was swayed when he got up this morning and he asked if he had won ! (doubtful!) Hope i have done it right by clicking on the thanks tab to you. Stunned by how anyone finds the time to post on here (has taken me ages!)
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To sum it up, it's highly unlikely the best entry will win- sorry, but that's why so many of us won't even enter.
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport