New Post Advanced Search

Web Licences from next yr in Blogs

4 replies 953 views
lemontartlemontart Forumite
6K posts
✭✭✭✭
One has checked the date and it is 1st April...............well I sincerely hope so.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/shopping/2013/04/50-web-licence-to-be-compulsory-for-all-internet-users
I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.

Replies

• FishingtimeFishingtime Forumite
    757 posts
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Owing on CC £00.00 :j

It's like shooting nerds in a barrel
  • I thought that as well - update at lunchtime! I did believe it at first though :o
    "Most of the people ... were unhappy... Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy." -- Douglas Adams
  • viewview Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    yah yah yah .... happy 1st April and all ;-)
  • lemontartlemontart Forumite
    6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MPORTANT update, 12.01pm. After a successful campaign by MoneySavingExpert.com, the Government backed down from this proposal at 12:01pm, 1 April. Martin Lewis, creator of MoneySavingExpert.com, says: "We've battled hard since midnight to stop this foolish folly, and thankfully its been confirmed the web licence idea has been canned, as is should be."

sorry guys this was so not funny and talk about giving certain folk with door number 11 ideas !
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support