long term loan on low salary

Options
lynseyf
lynseyf Posts: 148 Forumite
I only earn £14k and due to various problems have amassed 10k of debt on cc's. i would really like to consolidate this in a loan but don't know if I will have problems due to my lower salary. Any advice?

Comments

• mountainofdebt
    mountainofdebt Posts: 7,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't consolidate.

I know its not exactly what you wanted to hear but I don't think that you will solve your problems in the long term by consolidating - speaking as one who has been there and got that particular t-shirt.

Go over to the Debt free wanabee board and post full details of your income, expenditure and debts including limits, aprs and balances and people will suggest ways of cutting back so you can throw the money at the debt.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • lynseyf
    lynseyf Posts: 148 Forumite
    Options
    I don't earn enough to get o% cc's for this amount. Some of my debt is on 0% but the deals keep running out and it is really stressing me having to constantly keep shopping around for new ones. I know consolidating my debt to one loan will only work if i don't use the cc's again and fully intend to do so. I can meet my minimum repayments just now and am trying to throw as much money against the debt as poss. I just want some suggestions for a company which will give me a loan on my salary. My credit rating is good just now, I have never missed a payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure