We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Entrepreneurial Learning and Innovative Training and Education

1…7980828485…952

Comments

  • vanilla_twist
    vanilla_twist Posts: 3,980 Forumite
    artha wrote: »
    We were just going to buy the cheap Tesco own voddy for the limoncello but it's just as cheap to buy the smirnoff 1 L


    Excuse me for being late to the party but at least you all know what I have been doing.
    Was that my receipe for carribean backwards that spurred you on to make lemoncello.
    I used absolute blue label as was given a few bottles when parents cleared out. Very old vodka as dated back from when mum used to do non landers on ferries if she had a day auditing. Back in the day when she paid captains price (25% of the duty free price, yes when there was still duty free) !!!
    Personally I wouldnt use the cheapest paintstripper for the receipe. I am going to try with back cherries next.
    V x
    fairclaire wrote: »
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back :)

    May the odds be ever in your favour;)

    SPC 7 Pot No 410 £232.63 Total
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,084 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Has FC gone to bed, jolly bad show!!!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • artha
    artha Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    :eek:£6 a bottle, how did I miss that???

    Very short lived thing and only in Sainsburys locals.:)
    Awaiting a new sig
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    night nutters :D.....night DM ;):)
  • David.
    David. Posts: 24,086 Forumite
    fairclaire wrote: »
    night nutters :D.....night DM ;):)
    Goodnight fc ;)
    When The Fun Stops Stop ;)
  • fairclaire
    fairclaire Posts: 22,698 Forumite
    David. wrote: »
    Goodnight fc ;)

    night David :A
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Okay, as promised earlier - and ready for the bank holiday Monday - a shortened M list for you:

    The Carlsberg 20 pack went down in price for last Wednes (the date we're using for the price info.):

    Carlsberg 20x440ml
    £13.85 £10.00 (vs M)

    Also draw attention to
    ASDA Stonebaked Pepperoni 10” Pizza (325g)
    £2.50/Any 2 for £4.00 £1.547619076 (vs M)

    which is a new addition (price for M adjusted by weight, and of course even better if we ever get an A multibuy glitch day again - surely long overdue:mad: now.

    The Go Ahead Yogurt Breaks - Strawberry (6s) were added:
    £1.50 £1.14 (until 7/4) Does the £1.30 on Shopitize app apply to purchases of this product in Sada?

    A few chocolate bars now good value A vs M:
    Cadbury Time Out Bars (14)
    £2.18 £1.50 (until 14/4) (vs M)
    McVities Taxi 9 pack
    £1.59/Any 2 for £2.50 87p (vs M)
    McVities Gold 9 pack
    £1.59/Any 2 for £2.50 87p (vs M)

    I've already mentioned the
    ASDA Chosen by You Cream Crackers 300g
    45p 36p (vs M)

    The biscuits have now been thoroughly checked:rotfl: at M:
    ASDA Smartprice Custard Creams (400g)
    40p 31p (also vs T as at 29/3)
    ASDA Smartprice Digestive Biscuits (400g)
    30p 30p (also vs T as at 29/3)
    ASDA Smartprice Chocolate Digestives (300g)
    55p 44p (also vs T as at 29/3)

    Also draw attention to this:
    2x ASDA White Finger Rolls (6)
    Any 2 for £1.00 Any 2 for £1.00 (also vs T until 27/8)

    TBC still....

    Goodfella's Pizzaria Style Superiore Pepperoni (398g)

    £2.50 A £2.00 T £1.50 M £1.40 S ( worth checking M stock this flavour.)

    Same applies to Goodfella's Ultra Thin Superiore Chicken Arrabiata
    (413g)

    Goodfella's Pizzeria Style Superiore Margherita with Pesto (410g) is N/A against the big 3.
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • logie
    logie Posts: 2,275 Forumite
    fairclaire wrote: »
    night nutters :D.....night DM ;):)

    Night fc x
    ♥ Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles.... it empties today of it's strength ♥
  • artha
    artha Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    Excuse me for being late to the party but at least you all know what I have been doing.
    Was that my receipe for carribean backwards that spurred you on to make lemoncello.
    I used absolute blue label as was given a few bottles when parents cleared out. Very old vodka as dated back from when mum used to do non landers on ferries if she had a day auditing. Back in the day when she paid captains price (25% of the duty free price, yes when there was still duty free) !!!
    Personally I wouldnt use the cheapest paintstripper for the receipe. I am going to try with back cherries next.
    V x

    Yes it was seeing your post and knowing that we had a carrier bag full of whoopsied lemons in the garage waiting for a use. I seem to remember that your recipe included lemon juice in the sugar syrup which seems to be different to the other recipes that I've seen online? I think the Smirnoff should be reasonable quality especillay when it's cheaper than Ts own at the moment.
    Awaiting a new sig
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,084 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Excuse me for being late to the party but at least you all know what I have been doing.
    Was that my receipe for carribean backwards that spurred you on to make lemoncello.
    I used absolute blue label as was given a few bottles when parents cleared out. Very old vodka as dated back from when mum used to do non landers on ferries if she had a day auditing. Back in the day when she paid captains price (25% of the duty free price, yes when there was still duty free) !!!
    Personally I wouldnt use the cheapest paintstripper for the receipe. I am going to try with back cherries next.
    V x

    Well I used to make a fantastic Sasparella vodka, but I dont know if southern people will know what that is, the twins will though, it is mmmm.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.