changing contract

Options
So i started working in January last year on hourly pay then i was told in June that i Will be salary paid in the next few months. Then a month or so later i start getting my salary pay... So i've never had a detailed contract with my. Name address rate etc in this employment I Have the companies generic handbook .But i carried on working overtime beyond my basic 38 hours p/!week

Now in march i take a day off sick and don't get paid for it.. Bit odd i thought seeing as i am salaried . But apparently boss says he doesn't pay sick days or so day off.

So on Friday last i take 1.75 hours off for dentist appointment and get docked 1.75 hours.. But i said what happens i worked 42 hours so far this week.

So confused. Now bosses Wife is writing me a contract which i was promised since i went salary pay.:money:p

Comments

• xbox_99
    xbox_99 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am unsure if my pay can deducted even i have completed my hours.

Say i worked 60 hours but take 2 hours off at the end of one day i would wherefore be deducted 2 hours. Approximately £27
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Being salaried does not mean they have to pay you when you are off sick - other than statutory sick pay if you are off for 4 or more days (the first 3 days don't count, so you are paid for just one).

Do you have in writing that your contract is for a basic 38 hours a week? If so, and you are being paid for 38 hours then clearly you are correct that the 1.75 hours deduction is not right if you have fulfilled your contract of working 38 hours.
  • Funky_Bold_Ribena
    Options
    Are you working unpaid overtime? Or are you being paid and they are docking from your total hours worked?
    Sanctimonious Veggie. GYO-er. Seed Saver. Get in.
  • xbox_99
    Options
    Thanks right i work overtime, any amount as required but i for the set amount of pay
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    It seems a bit unfair to me. Either you are paid a set rate for the 37 hours (or however many your contract says) and any overtime is unpaid and as long as you complete your 37 hours you get the set rate even if you'vre worked say 45 and taken 2 hours off or you get paid overtime.
    The only thing I can think of is that you took time off during your 'core time' ie during the day but they won't let your overtime count towards your basic hours( in a flexible way).
    You really need to clarify with them the situation.
    Oh and I'm not sure what the situation is with having to pay sick. I know I don't get paid if I'm sick, certaily not if it's only a few days. I think if it's long term I can claim SSP.
    Best of Luck
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • xbox_99
    Options
    Bit un fair . That's what i thought. Thanks to all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure