Dealing with employer is a nightmare, keeps messing up

Ok so I'm a recent college graduate, and I got hired through a temp agency as a temp to hire position. My contract with the temp agency is 3 months and I am now over halfway through it. At first getting paid was a nightmare, I didn't receive a paycheck for weeks and I kept calling them. Finally when I got my check for the first 2 weeks I worked I deposited it and wrote checks of my own to pay bills. A few days later I got an email saying a stop payment was issued on the check because I was going to get paid in another way (with a debit card thing). This made me angry and it took a couple days for me to get it so I actually ended up acquiring a bunch of fees from my bank as a result and I was told in my employee handbook it says that they are not liable for what happens after payment so those are all on me..... Ok whatever I got over it. Now today I checked my bank account and I received an extra $1,000 (2 weeks pay) in my direct deposit. I'm not sure what to do. I figure they'll figured it out eventually but in the meantime I was thinking of maybe throwing it in a CD or something to get some interest off it and maybe recouping some of the fees I got. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I'm not sure if it's legal or anything.

Comments

• McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Where in the world are you.

Doesn't sound as if youre in England lol
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Oh shoot, sorry, I didn't realize it was an England forum, I'm in the States, and came across this site from google.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Its okay sweethear, I hope its warmer over there than it is here lol

Because it's blummin' freezing here
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport