Internal Insulation Boards

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
2 replies 624 views
BlackfortBlackfort Forumite
43 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Wondering if anyone has fitted internal insulation boards? How effective they are? Costs etc? Thanks

Replies

• don_ky01don_ky01 Forumite
    122 Posts
    I have a stone built cottage and the only way to insulate the walls was to clad either the outside of the walls or the inside which meant you reduced the size of your rooms by approx 1 foot. As the walls are studded out and insulation placed in them, with a plaster finish. Bear in mind you will have to replace your window sills, but that is not a big job.
    I chose the inside cladding and all i can say "GREAT" last week in the bad weather, we had to open the windows because the heat from the stove was such that we had to let the heat escape and ended up with the bedroom windows on the night latch.

How effective - very!
    Cost - it was done as part of a full renovation so not as great as if it was been done on its own.
  • don_ky01 wrote: »
    I chose the inside cladding and all i can say "GREAT" last week in the bad weather, we had to open the windows because the heat from the stove was such that we had to let the heat escape and ended up with the bedroom windows on the night latch.

Very jealous!! Thanks though
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

17 Netflix hacks

Cut costs & get more from your subscription

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

Incl M&S calendar release date

MSE Deals