Fruit corner yogurts

Options
Hi,

I really like the yogurt bit from fruit corners but not the icky jam bit.

There are loads of plain yogurts on the market in those big tubs which are must more MSE! Anyone come across plain yogurt that tastes like fruit corners?

I can add in a handful of muesli and pretend its healthy!

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I use the big tubs of supermarket value yogurt all the time, usually 45 - 55p. I chop up tinned fruit and add that, peaches are 29p a tin from Tes&co. Makes loads of fruit yogurt a lot cheaper than ready mixed. I don't know why anybody buys those fruit corners, ridiculously over priced, like most fancy yogurts.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Options
    I buy organic plain yogurt for me and OH sometimes has it with chopped fruit at weekends. During the week he has organic fruit yogurt but finds it sugary. We used to eat fruit corners but that fruit stuff is really only like jam. I reckon buying good fruit jam from Lidl and stirring it into plain Greek style yogurt also from Lidl would save money and taste good.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Muller corners arent natural yogurt, so perhaps thats why you cant find a natural yogurt that tastes similar. Mullers are sweetened and vanilla flavoured, so maybe add some essence/extract to a pot of the cheap plain stuff
  • LealeaV
    LealeaV Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    shjo - thank you for asking this question - I to am a Muller corner yogurt fan.... but I just seem to find the same tasting yogurt anywhere..... I thought I was the only one!

Lets hope now someone knows of an alternative!
  • milliemonster
    milliemonster Posts: 3,708 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Have you tried the onken vanilla yogurt in the large tubs? Or the Rachel's organic vanilla one? They may be very similar
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • shjo558
    shjo558 Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, there's a few things for me to add to next weeks Tesco delivery.

Hopefully the yogurt won't go the way of my coleslaw delivered tonight (burst all over the place!).
  • V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    Options
    I make my own yogurt and it tastes nicer with a bit of artificial sweetener (because I am diabetic not sure what real sugar would do to it) and a few drops of vanilla extract.
    :hello:
  • dandelionclock30
    Options
    Have you tried the onken vanilla yogurt in the large tubs? Or the Rachel's organic vanilla one? They may be very similar

Those Rachaels yoghurs are really nice, all the ones I have had have been lovely. Some natural yogurt is so horrible and sour that it could turn a person cross eyed.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My sons like you loves the muller corner yoghurts but not the fruit/biscuits etc you get in the corner bit. I have yet to find a yoghurt that tastes the same. Its a pity you cant just buy the yoghurt in a tub separately.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Bought some of asdas fancy range vanilla yog, its the closest to muller ive found, the only prob is it has vanilla seeds in, so if your kids are fussy they might not like the spotty yog
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure