We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can Someone Please Advise Me Whats Best To Do?

Options
Hello. My situation: i'm a 22 year old male, living in a rented house, i think i have one CCJ, i signed up for the 30 day trail on creditexpert, but i can't seem to locate it. But i get turned down for a standard loan.

A few years ago while at Uni the useless board that deals with students loans messed my application up and basically i had to wait 6 months for it, so i had to take a £1500 loan out with my bank, since then i've had to get a overdraft and basically have been living in debt and never caught up. Now it's got to the point where come the end of the month i'm always topping out my overdraft.

Ideal i'd like a loan of £3000, to get me well out of my overdraft, and just have some cash there for repayments, my month wage is around £1000 but it can be more, and is likley to improve in the future, so i think i can be stable, but i just really need to get out of my overdraft.

So my question really is where can i go that i can get a loan when i jave a ccj and i don't own my property, and is this the best method of doing this are is there some pitfalls i haven't seen.

Thank You.

Comments

• inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    Best place to start is always your bank. They are generally very eager to lend more money to those at the edge of their limit. They love consolidation loans as they make more money out of you that way. Be very careful indeed about taking any form of loan protection. Calculate if you really need it, and check around to see if you can buy the same cover elsewhere cheaper; generally you can.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i would suggest you get copies of all three of your credit files to see exactly what they say.
    an unsatisfied CCJ is going to be bad news for any potential creditor...

befoe thinking about a loan you should consider your spending and income.
    can you increase your income..part time work / overtime and can you reduce your spending.
    secondly look at the APR you are paying on the overdraft and compare thatwith any likely loan you can get.
    ... are you or have you been charged any penalty fees / charges that you can claim back?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport