Telephone calls from Capital Finance

Options
koyaraw
koyaraw Posts: 1 Newbie
I have recently had two phone calls from an Indian call centre claiming to be from Capital Finance. One call went dead immediately I asked for the source of my ex-directory information under UK data protection law. The second call I was put onto a supervisor and when I asked her for the source of my information she stated that I had probably applied online for a quote. I asked for the source again and was told, "data set owner." I then asked for the registered office of Capital Finance and was refused the address.

May I ask people if they have had similar calls and if there is anything we can do to stop these callers from getting our data in the first place? Is it legal for them to withold their registered Head Office addresses? The calls come from a network that cannot send numbers which means their number is not available to identify who they are.

If companies operating from call centres who wish you to divulge financial information will not give their head office addresses then I suggest we should be extremely wary about trusting such lenders.

Comments

• Zebedee69
    Zebedee69 Posts: 1,034 Forumite
    Options
    Have you run a search on Google for them.

By law all UK Ltd and Plc's have to have their registered address on their websites and printed stationary, just look under "Contacts" or "FAQS" at their homepage. They should have given this information to you on the phone but its typical for call centers. You can guarantee the staff dont even know the UK Reg address.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure