does anyone think Abbey will let me keep my account?

Options
Have almost decided to go bankrupt after having been advised by cccs that it would be the best option as I have no assets and 35k worth of unsecured debt (phew!).

My question is;

My only debt to Abbey is a 900 quid overdraft. I'm in the process of claiming back just over 1000 pounds in bank charges from them. Evidence elsewhere on this board suggests they'll definitely pay and won't close my account. this would leave me in credit with them and wouldn't really be classed as me giving preference to a creditor cos it's their money.

Has anyone had experience with them and know whether they would be likely to let me keep the account once I've been made bankrupt? I'm tempted because keeping this account might make the road to recovery a bit easier as I have an existing (albeit strained) relationship with them.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Gorrafewquidnow
    Options
    I think you need to talk to them. If you get a good response, make sure you have it in writing
    Been there,got theT-shirt........could probably do with the trousers too.....:rotfl:
  • Mike_St_Helens
    Mike_St_Helens Posts: 3,414 Forumite
    Options
    All depends on your timings Oscar. If theyve paid up before B then you should be fine. As well as my Lloyds ac we also had no debt with abbey, we even went in and upgraded the account to joint at the same time as telling them we were B. They stated as long as you dont owe us anything you can keep the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure