Sound financial advice

Options
I am now 43 and require some good financial advice and planning. Nearly debt free now, which feels great. No credit card, overdraft or loans - all paid up. Anyway, have around 80k left on mortgage and I am hoping to wipe that out in 2-3 years, so, I will still be in my mid 40's. The house, at the moment, is worth maybe 240k sterling, so a fair bit of equity in it. We don't really have any savings but starting now to put something away, when we can. I am worried about retirement and as I am working in australia, at the moment, my employer is contributing to my superannuation fund but I feel its not enough.
We have tested the waters with peps and isas and well, basically cost us money!

Any other sound tips from anyone to help me plan for my retirement. I think my job, in Australia, maybe coming to an end this year, so, my wife and I, we are banking everything we can get just now.

Comments

• bruceingram1958
    Options
    Have you considered getting a retirement plan? You may consult a financial advisor to get a sound opinion as well as to get better retirement plan recommendations.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Given your plan to leave Australia I suggest just accumulating savings for now. Super will still be around but not a lot of point in adding another Australian product if you end up leaving within a year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure