Citi Finance Please Help

Options
welshchick_2
welshchick_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
Hi all
This is my first post on this forum so sorry if it's in the wrong place, i need help with a problem i have with Citi Finance so here is goes

I sent an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request off to Citi Finance and sent it recorded delivery. I then:

Received a letter on March 7th with my £10 cheque returned daying that they were unable to accept the cheque because the account was paid in full.

On March 19th i received another letter saying that they had some difficulty tracing our account but it has now been resolved and a transaction history would be provided soon.

On April 2nd i received the following letter:

Please find detailed below a transaction history of your account which opened on 28/09/04

15.10.04 Paid £466.87
15.11.04 Paid £466.87
15.12.04 Paid £466.87 - Payment returned
15.01.05 Paid £466.87
15.02.05 £10 fee applied to account
21.02.05 paid £35183.79
21.02.05 Rebate to customer £4568.42

Kind Regards
Hayley Floyd
Assistant Manager

I then tried telephoning the number on the letter as we had never had a rebate and it said that there was no such number. I then telephoned the head office to get the number of the Cardiff branch where i had the letter from. I telephoned Cardiff and spoke to someone called Anthony who said that he had access to limited information as it had been archived and he would have to send for my file. He then proceeded to question me on why after 2 years i am questioning my account with them blah, blah, blah. He told me to ring him Tuesday 10th April as he should have my file back.

On April 10th i rang and asked to speak to Anthony, the lady asked who was calling and put me on hold, she then come back and said that Anthony was not available and what was i telephoning about. I explained everything that had happened and she said she would phone me back. She called back about half an hour later saying that they had not yet received my file and the person i needed to speak to would not be back until the following day, she promised that Hayley Floyd would call me back to discuss the issues i had on Wednesday. I had no call on the Wednesday so i rang and was told that no one was available to talk to me about the issue and that when someone was they would ring, no one rang me so after various phones calls back and forth i have now received my secured loan agreement off them.

The amount I borrowed was £36483.25 over 240 months and the monthly instalments were £466.87 the APR was 15.7% (1.21% per month) the amount of £36483.25 included £5428.71insurance which I was told I had to have and £400.00 fees and disbursements in connection with the loan.

I only had the loan from October 2004 to February 2005 so approx 5 months and I paid them back £35183.79 I made payments of £933.74. I never claimed off the insurance so surely I shouldn’t of had to pay that back.

My question is really should I have paid all this back when £5428.71 of the loan was insurance and I only had the loan for 4 months?

Sorry it's a bit long but i had to give the full picture of what has been going on.

Thanks in advance

Hayley

Comments

• petermb_2
    petermb_2 Posts: 1,565 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely people arent they?
    I am a former Broker, former IFA and former compliance officer, for my sins.

However, I have since seen the light.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport