We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Managed Loan

Options
Jaystag
Jaystag Posts: 35 Forumite
Hi

I currently have a "Managed Loan" with HSBC (not that they do any management of it) and have just opened an account with Alliance & Leicester and want to close my HSBC account. Can I do this and still make payments on my managed loan from my new A&L account?

Or will A&L take on the loan from HSBC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I doubt whether A&L will 'take on' the loan but you can of course apply for a A&L loan and use the money to repay the HSBC but check for any ealy settlement fees and the relative APRs.

You need to read the T&Cs of your HSBC managed loan to see if they require you to maintain the HSBC current a/c... if they do simply keep it open.. presumably there is no cost to doing that?
  • Jaystag
    Jaystag Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for that

I thought I would just need to keep the account open. There is nothing in the T&C's about maintaining the account though. My loan has a seperate account number as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport