MSE News: Gym giants to give users better cancellation rights

"Three major gym firms have agreed to change their contract terms to give members better cancellation rights..."
Read the full story:

Gym giants to give users better cancellation rights

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• missslbell
    missslbell Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is this likely to have any impact on people who've been on the recieving end of these unfair contracts over the last few years ??
  • missslbell wrote: »
    Is this likely to have any impact on people who've been on the recieving end of these unfair contracts over the last few years ??

Hi

I have a slipped disc in my back and have been told by consultant and physio I am unfit for gym. I tried to cancel my membership with DW (taken out in June 2012) and they won't allow it because I paid upfront for 12 months (I did this in order to get two extra months added on at the end of the contract for free). I mentioned the new high court ruling but it didn't phase them. Can anyone help me out please as I would like a refund for my final 3 months. Thank you in anticipation.
  • 'I was never told', 'it was missold' etc etc.

READ THE CONTRACT!

Companies like these are very careful not to generate bad press. Bannatynes, for example, employ, at their own expense, 'Mystery Shoppers' to see how staff sell and how they describe contract terms. This outside company ensure openess and transparency. If staff missell they are FIRED.
    Its easy to blame someone else. Take some responsibility. If uou sign something, make sure uou understand it!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure