Repeat prescription still valid?

Options
Hi

I was given a repeat prescription for an item that I needed quite frequently but I didn't need it as often as I thought and since I got loads when I first put the prescription in I have only just used them all.

I know I should have keot my supplies up but I didn't realise how few I had left and had needed to use more in the past two months than in the last year! (they were still in date!)

The repeat prescription was issued on the 9.11.2005. Does anyone know if I can put it in again or will it not be valid as its been so long.

It also says I was supposed to have a review on 11/05/2006 but didn't realise!

Thanks

Sarah x

Comments

• mclaren_2
    mclaren_2 Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Options
    i dont think it is - you need to talk to your GP again as medication doses can change etc.....
    Never do things tomorow when you can do them today.
  • choccyface2006
    choccyface2006 Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks, its a set dose, I just use it as and when so that should be okay, I should really make an appointment anyway but I never seem to have time :S

Sarah
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    In our LHA prescriptions are only valid for 6 months from date written. I'd imagine that is fairly universal
  • choccyface2006
    choccyface2006 Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I ordered my repeat last night online (how cool!) and called them this morning to make sure it had gone through ok and was still valid, they said yes so I can collect it tomorrow!

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport