Entering Competitions

Options
Can anybody advise me how I can start entering competitions please? I'm a comping virgin so need some help. Thanks :D

Comments

• weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    GuysGal wrote: »
    Can anybody advise me how I can start entering competitions please? I'm a comping virgin so need some help. Thanks :D

Hi & welcome.
    Have a read of the first bit of this: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1014121

Plus this: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/Competitions-comping-win

Main ideas:

Separate comping email address

Use Roboform or Lastpass to fill the forms in.

Have a separate PAYG mobile for comping.
    I'll pm dalkirst to move this to chat.
  • bex88
    bex88 Posts: 640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 27 February 2013 at 11:26PM
    Options
    Heya, welcome to the comping world. There are some in depth tutorials on here, I'm sure someone will be able to link you to that will help you start. :)

I tend to go through the pages and enter competitions I like the prizes of. Once entered you can press the Green Tick so it shows that you've entered it, or the Red Cross if you want to skip it. You can use the 'Thanks' Button to thank people for posting too :)

Alot of comps now are done on Facebook and twitter, you don't have to enter these but I've personally had good wins from FB Comps.

I have also made a email address just for compeitions too so my main one doesnt get filled with spam.

Wish you the best of luck and have fun with it! :D
  • EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Well, everyone has different ways of working through them. Personally, I'd pick a page on this forum and then work back to the most recent, entering whatever competitions take your fancy. Also check out the dailies board for comps you can enter every day. If you have the time! Just depends. As a comping newbie I'd suggest starting here.
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • Lolasmom
    Lolasmom Posts: 339 Forumite
    Options
    .....and if you do enter Facebook comps that ask you to Like & Share their page, remember to set your post to Public when you share the link, otherwise it will be ineligible.;)

Good luck :D

Wishlist
    Roberts radio, I Phone, Philips Lumea, Clarisonic Mia, Holiday, cash/vouchers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure