today is the day ...

Options
... i have my apt with the c.a.b. (10am)to set up my debt managemnt plan. im sooooo worried and sooo happy at the same time.

im worried incase he is judgemental etc but im so happy to have the relief of it all.

i have set up a parachute account in anticipation (thankx guys for the info) i have yet to cancel my name from the joint account. i rang them and they said i have to put it in writing and it will take four days, so im a bit worried about this.

wish me luck.

Comments

• chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done with taking the bull by the horns. Good luck with your appt today. Might be worth spending the time before making sure you have all the paperwork in order (ie for each creditor), to make it easier in the appointment. Also to write out any questions you have now so that you don't forget them in the stress of the meeting.

best of luck
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • danielleindebt
    danielleindebt Posts: 201 Forumite
    Options
    thanx for the advice i have been through it a million times now but im ready. just waiting for oh to get out of bed
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck for today Danielle, hope it all goes smoothly, I'm sure you will feel even more like a weight has been lifted once it's over and done with.
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    good luck x
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • gemsaysdontdodebtkids
    Options
    The day I spoke to Payplan was both liberating and terrifying. Correct move though. Hope it all goes ok.
    Debt
    [strike]April 2007 £17197.49
    June 2007 £16593.49
    [/strike]

Currently: £15293.49 (thanks HSBC!)
    Watch this space for progress!
    Aims:
    To pay off in Oct 07
    £102.39 - Viva La Diva
    £176.20 - Wescot
    £417.88 - MBNA
    To pay off in Jan 08
    £2665.24 - MBNA CC
    To pay off in May 08
    £928.81 - HSBC CC
    £1006.01 - Barclaycard
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good luck. Hope it all goes well!
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi.

Hope all goes well and good luck

ym
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good Luck - hope all goes well for you.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • danielleindebt
    Options
    well im back and i do fell soooo much better. we talked about the different options and decided on the debt management 1 (he spoke about iva but dont really wanna go that route)

it will start next month if they all except, i expect phone calls at some point. im taking my name of the joint account today.

i feel so much better but i hope they dont ring at work. i dont want annyone knowing, and them ringing me at work is my biggest fear.

the man i saw was great tho. he said i was very organised and i told him about this site and he seemed impressed.

thanx for all the suport.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Danielle - if they start ringing you at work, get a letter sent off to them straight away (or maybe even do it now, to stop it before it starts) saying you only want contacting in writing. I'll see if I can find a template letter for you, but I'm rubbish at finding stuff like that, so if anyone has it, please can they post it?! :)
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family