Santander trying to block me porting 0.99% deal

Options

Comments

• tupelotomemphis
    Options
    Im on a Santander lifetime tracker of 0.99 over base and want to port to a different property and take out additional borrowing which they have offered at the same rate. I would guess they dont want you to port it for other reasons
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wh05apk wrote: »
    Different situation, they were "svr's" OP is in a lifetime tracker @ br+0.49% that margin is contractual and cannot be changed.

Then people need to read their contracts. Exceptional circumstances clauses are included to cover every eventuality. By signing the contract then the borrower agrees to be bound by the terms.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Im on a Santander lifetime tracker of 0.99 over base and want to port to a different property and take out additional borrowing which they have offered at the same rate. I would guess they dont want you to port it for other reasons

I'm also on this rate and hope to port! Hope my outcome is like yours and not ops! Would you mind pm ing me with a brief outline of your situation? Have they lent you the remainder at 1.49%?
  • Thrugelmir
    Options
    dalo1981 wrote: »
    Have they lent you the remainder at 1.49%?

More chance of seeing a Yeti.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »

Having been on this thread a week now, I've noticed most your replies come with sarcastic and cynical undertones! My kinda man (or woman?) :beer:

How are you today?
  • Thrugelmir
    Options
    dalo1981 wrote: »
    How are you today?

Actually not sarcastic very often. :)

Dealing with finance for so long. Makes one blunt. For that I apologise. :beer:

And in case you are wondering. I have full collection of teeshirts. So have experience to call on when making observations both as gamekeeper and poacher.
  • tupelotomemphis
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »

Hi, just an update on my situation. We completed today on our house!
    It was long winded, application in Feb, but got there in the end! Ported my 0.99 plus BOE Santander mortgage rate £120,000 plus additional borrowing of 83,000 at the SAME rate all on a flexible offset with no tie ins, unlimited overpayment etc so the Yeti must exist after all! lol.
    My previous property im letting out, BTL mortgage completed today as well. Santander were happy with this in the background to.:beer:
  • Morgage_Confused
    Options
    What....thats incredible!
    Dont overpay anything just put any "overpayments" in an ISA and in effect the bank are paying you to borrow!
  • tupelotomemphis
    Options
    Hi, no i wont overpay, like you said put it into ISAs then maybe aim for more BTLs in the future:)
  • Thrugelmir
    Options
    Hi, just an update on my situation. We completed today on our house!
    It was long winded, application in Feb, but got there in the end! Ported my 0.99 plus BOE Santander mortgage rate £120,000 plus additional borrowing of 83,000 at the SAME rate all on a flexible offset with no tie ins, unlimited overpayment etc so the Yeti must exist after all! lol.
    My previous property im letting out, BTL mortgage completed today as well. Santander were happy with this in the background to.:beer:

:T

No one will believe you when you tell the tale. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure