🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Career Development Loan

Options
Hello.
Three years ago I took out a CDL so that I could study for a Masters degree at uni. The loan was for 5k and i am due to start repayments in december. However, I have deferred the final year of my course - at first this was due to work commitments and was only supposed to be for a year, but I am now pregnant and the uni have allowed me to add a second year to the deferrment. my question is this - if I speak to the CDL company, will they suspend my repayments until I finish the course? My biggest fear is that they will insist that repayments begin immediately. I have looked at the terms of the loan and from what I can gather the loan only becomes repayable by immediate instalments if I quit the course, which I obviously haven't.

I would be grateful of any advice
TSoC
xx
Lightbulb Moment: January 2006

Current Debt: Loan 35500 9.9% Secured - taken out to consolidate all other payments coz there were so many!!

Total Household Income: 1866.00 p/m

Aiming to be debt-free by July 2011 :eek: :D

Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 138 :j

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts