tesco clubcard coupons

Options
Hi

I have £13.50 worth of tesco clubcard coupons to use before the end of this month...I don't know where my clubcard is as I don't usually shop there...can I still use the coupons without my card?

thanks

Comments

• rose28454
    rose28454 Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Hi

I have £13.50 worth of tesco clubcard coupons to use before the end of this month...I don't know where my clubcard is as I don't usually shop there...can I still use the coupons without my card?

thanks

yes you can
  • WaxiesDargle
    Options
    thanks rose
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi
    thanks

No, Store are quite within their rights to refuse, CC Vouchers need to be used with the CC.
    Though, you may get lucky, with all the problems about hi jacked vouchers, the Stores seem to be keeping more of a look out.

You could ring CC for new card, give you the CC no., and you the vchrs on-line i.e. Tesco Direct.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • Hayleypoppins
    Options
    Hi you can always use then online for deals without your clubcard just have a look at there rewards website, I had some that were running out so I ordered 2 tickets for woburn safari park at £6 each (Entry usually£19.99 per adult) and these are valid for 6 months so my son and I will go in the Easter or summer hols :)
    You can also use them for Thorntons, Goldsmiths, figleaves, magazine subscriptions as well as lots of restaurants and days out and there usually worth 3 or 4 times the amount.
    HTH
  • Shaztastic
    Options
    If there's nothing you want to spend your vouchers on now then you could just ring up and get the points credited back to your account. You will then be issued with new vouchers (with a longer expiry) when the next mailing comes out.
  • WaxiesDargle
    WaxiesDargle Posts: 1,062 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Shaz...that's exactly what happened :)
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    no1catman wrote: »
    CC Vouchers need to be used with the CC.

No they don't. I have often redeemed my vouchers in store without having my Club Card with me, I've even used other peoples vouchers given to me as a gift as successfully used my own card to claim my points on the shop.
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    zenseeker wrote: »
    No they don't. I have often redeemed my vouchers in store without having my Club Card with me, I've even used other peoples vouchers given to me as a gift as successfully used my own card to claim my points on the shop.

Oh yes they do. Your clubcard proves, they are your vouchers, and that you are therefore entitled to use. Without that, the Store are perfectly within there rights to refuse them.

If you are using someone else's vouchers - names should be matched with the clubcard, otherwise they can be refused. How, would Tesco know your using them with permission.
    You may have been 'lucky' before, doesn't mean you will always be!
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport