Cross Country etickets

My daughters wanted to go and visit their sister at her University and accidentally booked for the wrong time, we have contacted Cross Country but they say you can't change an eticket, this is a month in advance of the travel date, does anyone know how I can sort this out, I don't want my 15 and 16 year old daughters to spend a night stuck on a station because of the way the ticket is currently booked. :(

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Cross Country's FAQs clearly state that no refunds of changes are allowed with e-tickets...
    How can I apply for a refund or cancel my ticket?

When may I claim a refund?

You may request a refund for any unused ticket where the terms and conditions of that ticket type allow for a refund. You can apply for a refund in the 'My account' section of the website.

Please note: no refunds or changes to travel are allowed with e-ticekts or m-tickets.

Your best option is to forget about your current bookings (and write off the cost) and book again using the correct dates and times.

Sounds harsh, but the significantly lower price comes with reduced flexibility.
  • dggar
    dggar Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I believe Cross Country now charge to obtain tickets from the ticket machines at stations since they've introduced eTickets.

However tickets for Cross Country tains can be bought from other TOC web sites or RedSpottedHankey.

Beware that TheTrainLine charge a booking fee so avoid them.
  • Horizon81
    Horizon81 Posts: 1,594 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As already said, you're stuck I'm afraid.

You can't change the tickets you've bought so you have to buy some new ones.

Unlike on here, there's no edit button! It's a one shot deal. You either get it right first time or you don't.
  • LexyBoy
    LexyBoy Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February 2013 at 7:08PM
    eTickets offer no price advantage over normal paper tickets, and significantly erode the rights you'd have with a standard paper Advance, which would be amendable up to the booked departure time.

Avoid. Sorry it's not more positive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport