Online Selling - Alternatives to ebay?

I'm so tired of the fees and general nonsense that comes with selling on ebay these days i'm looking for alternatives to try - any suggestions?

Debt at Aug 2010 (LBM) £21,908.86, Debt Freeeeee Date 4th Nov 2013 :j:j:j Massive Thanks to the £10 per day thread :A Next goals:
Savings £1203.16/£10,000******Mortgage to Zero: £52,579.46 to go
Feb Earnings: £711.20/£500 March: £434.41/£500
Currently compiling an A-Z of earning sites and happy to share it ;)

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,195 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Depending on your goods you could look at setting up a Facebook selling page. The only other real alternative to eBay is amazon, but their fees are higher than eBay.

If you are just a casual seller with stuff to sell, then maybe a car boot?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We have a couple or 3 local auction/selling sites on Facebook.

You could start up one of your own locally.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • Juli_b
    Juli_b Posts: 34 Forumite
    for clothes, shoes and handbags you could try ASOS marketplace.
  • mkooo
    mkooo Posts: 329 Forumite
    eBid ;) .
  • Fluff15
    Fluff15 Posts: 1,440 Forumite
    I like preloved - free listings and no sellers fees! I managed to get a sofa off there when I moved into my own place :) I've seen a few things on there, never sold anything myself though
  • lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    gumtree, vivastreet, friday ad and local papers classified adverts some are totally free on line others charge for items over certain value
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,195 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    mkooo wrote: »
    eBid ;) .
    Dead in the water now- nice and easy to list on but no buyers at all, it missed its chance to do well about 6-7 years ago.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure