Wedding rings!?!?!?

Me again :D

I'm trying to find somewhere to buy our weddings rings but they're all so expensive!!! Does anyone know of anywhere that does good quality but a bit cheaper than £100 each?
I would like 18ct white gold for mine so that it matches my engagement ring and then a 9ct white gold for my fiance.
Any suggestions would be great!
Happy planning everyone
xxx

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Ive not used them personally but the company Betts metals always gets positve feedback on the forum.
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • I used tesco's vouchers and got the rings from goldsmiths.
  • pledgeX
    pledgeX Posts: 527 Forumite
    Take a look at: http://www.weddingrings-direct.com/

I've not used them yet, but I'm planning to. Seen several good recommendations and it's the cheapest I've found for a standard white gold wedding band (18ct for her, 9ct for me).

Almost double your budget, but I very much doubt you'll get white gold for under £100, if you do I think it'd be so thin you could bend it like a paperclip!
  • Poppy9
    Poppy9 Posts: 18,833 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you have a local independant jewellery repair ask them about the supply of wedding rings. Unlike retail jewellers who typically mark up 3 times they will have a far lower mark up.
    :) ~Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.~:)
  • Thanks everyone! To be honest I wasn't really sure what I should expect to pay so after looking around we've changed the ring budget to £250 so hopefully we'll find something :)
  • Pinzy
    Pinzy Posts: 630 Forumite
    I've had the same thing looking for an 18ct white gold to match the engagement ring. We went to the Jewellery quarter in Birmingham and didn't find anything that was much shy of £300 (similar price to that weddingsrings-direct site). I had budgeted £500 for both our rings, but it's looking like it'll be closer to £650. The other half is going for Palladium because he does manual labour and it's less likely to get dented. He did really like Titanium because it's so much cheaper and very light (he doesn't wear jewellery normally), but the only thing that put him off is that titanium can't be resized.
    :)
  • Yeah, my ring is platinum with tiny diamonds and was quite expensive, but his is titanium, they were only about £50. I don't know any men who've had to have rings resized, so how big a problem that is? Saved quite a bit of money there. Also you have to pay for white gold to be re-dipped every few years as the coating wears off.
  • clrat25
    clrat25 Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We had our rings made at a local jewellers and paid £100 for each of them, but we supplied the gold - we had my Dad's & Gran's wedding rings and had them melted down to make ours. Also doubled as our something old and new!!
  • aworbey
    aworbey Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 February 2013 at 3:10PM
    LEJC wrote: »
    Ive not used them personally but the company Betts metals always gets positve feedback on the forum.

I got our wedding rings off of here and they're beautiful. Apart from the fact that they dont come with a ring box so maybe buy one if really needed (we didn't want a ring box anyway) you couldn't say that hadn't come from a ring shop. Also if when you register on their site, if you tick to say you are a hobbyist you get extra discount :)
    pledgeX wrote: »
    Take a look at: http://www.weddingrings-direct.com/

I've not used them yet, but I'm planning to. Seen several good recommendations and it's the cheapest I've found for a standard white gold wedding band (18ct for her, 9ct for me).

Almost double your budget, but I very much doubt you'll get white gold for under £100, if you do I think it'd be so thin you could bend it like a paperclip!

I'd register as a hobbyist on BettsMetals and see prices because I think you might find them cheaper.
    If you like my post, please click the THANKS :)

:love:Marrying my gorgeous partner & best friend, 4th May 2013 :love:
  • We used Smooch rings and have been able to pay over 10 months they should arrive in a couple of weeks so will let you know of the quality once they arrive, cant wait to try mine on!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure