We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Why is it everybody is after a freebie way out ?

Options
Just thinking to myself the other day. Ok there are things that you can do yourselves like send a cca request etc and minor things. Would it not be better say if the same paperwork was done for you on your behalf for a fixed fee and that way yoiu would not get the headaches of replying to every letter and chasing it etc ?
ONLY COPY WHAT I AM DOING IF YOU ARE 100% SURE AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE END RESULT MAY BE. ALWAYS CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL BEFORE FOLLOWING MY ADVICE. I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED . IF WHAT I AM DOING HELPS YOU IN ANY WAY CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON

useful ? 0 votes

yo
0% 0 votes
no
0% 0 votes

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Would it not be better say if the same paperwork was done for you on your behalf for a fixed fee and that way yoiu would not get the headaches of replying to every letter and chasing it etc ?

No.........
    Bulletproof
  • okra
    okra Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    No. Why pay someone to do something you can do yourself, for free?

Besides, dealing with the mess myself has (for me at least) taught me a lot.
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just thinking to myself the other day. Ok there are things that you can do yourselves like send a cca request etc and minor things. Would it not be better say if the same paperwork was done for you on your behalf for a fixed fee and that way yoiu would not get the headaches of replying to every letter and chasing it etc ?

No. I don't think so either.

You ask why do people want a freebie way out... Well... maybe cos it's free!!!
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • kevster1009
    kevster1009 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Plus the fact HE is offering to do it for people for money I believe?
    MBNA are a joke.

DFW Nerd No. 232
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills