Old football contracts...... would they be of interest?

After my Dad died last year, we came across an envelope full of football contracts from my Granda. He played mainly for Linfield but a few other clubs too.
These are type-written invitations to play in particular matches, stating the wage, location of the match, and other instructions.Eg,jersey only supplied,provide your own socks and boots and meet at the ferry at 9am etc.
The dates are mainly around 1920 and span a few years.
We don't want to sell them, but I was just wondering whether that is the type of thing which would be of interest to a museum or football club. I wouldn't want them all to go, but maybe a few of them could be put on display if appropriate.
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
(he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
:D:D:D

Comments

• NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 February 2013 at 8:06PM
    Maybe try Irish Football Association, Windsor Avenue, Belfast and also Linfield.

Another thought comes to mind, perhaps approach your local council to see if they would like to exhibit them.
  • tommie
    tommie Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    NAR wrote: »
    Maybe try Irish Football Association, Windsor Avenue, Belfast and also Linfield.
    Another thought comes to mind, perhaps approach your local council to see if they would like to exhibit them.

x1

interesting he had to meet at the ferry, were there matches mentioned in scotland or england?
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will contact the IFA and Linfield. These things may be out there in vast quantities, but you never know.
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    tommie wrote: »
    x1

interesting he had to meet at the ferry, were there matches mentioned in scotland or england?

From what I can recall, he played for Ireland U21 against Scotland. We have his cap from that match.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport