Husbands 30th birthday abroad - gift ideas

Options
My husband is 30 in August and we are going to be on holiday in Turkey for his birthday. We will leave his 'main' gifts at home to save space in luggae (I will most likely get him some sort of camera part/lens as he is a keen photographer) but I want some ideas of some thing special I could put together and take with us, My only thoughts so far have been 30 little gifts but im stuck, my imagination and creativity seem to have abandoned me!

Comments

• TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    Options
    What is he into? Would he like an activity rather than a gift? Nice meal out, water skiing, a hike or something while you're there?
  • Steph12347
    Options
    Thanks for replying, He is into photograpghy and IT. His main gift will be a new lens or flash for his camera but i wanted something more thoughtful and personal to take away with us.
  • TimBear
    TimBear Posts: 808 Forumite
    Options
    Could you do little gifts that have significance to you both? Without knowing you it's hard to make suggestions, but perhaps something related to where you met, or your first date, things for the things you love about him? You could do him some IOU vouchers, rude or otherwise, up to you?
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    You could do him an 'Over The Hill' birthday challenge T-shirt.
    Nothing complicated or expensive and all very silly and ideal for doing when on holiday, it does involve printing the challenge onto the T-shirt (I use iron-on transfers) but after that, it is all down to him to get all the boxes ticked.

I will PM you the challenge that I have if you would like some ideas.
  • Steph12347
    Options
    torbrex wrote: »
    You could do him an 'Over The Hill' birthday challenge T-shirt.
    Nothing complicated or expensive and all very silly and ideal for doing when on holiday, it does involve printing the challenge onto the T-shirt (I use iron-on transfers) but after that, it is all down to him to get all the boxes ticked.

I will PM you the challenge that I have if you would like some ideas.

Thats would be great Torbrex, it sounds like a brilliant idea.

TimBear - thats a good idea, thinking I could do 30 reasons I love you and have a little gift for each one.
  • torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    PM sent :p
  • notanewuser
    notanewuser Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    Options
    Sod off :spam:er
    Trying to be a man is a waste of a woman
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    What about a mini digital photofame - the keyring size and put some photos on that mean something to the both of you.

if you were doing a 30 box - then you could easily put one together for under £10

i'd suggest items including
    30 badge, coaster, keyring, shot glass, mini toilettires, pen, pencil, pck tissues, pr of novelty socks, some packets of sweets from childhood.

My 30th I spent in Tunisia - my main present was a designer watch, but my mum and dad did a couple of 30 boxes for me to open, - my friends with me, opened the box, each item was wrapped individually inside - were both opeing, - pr of knickers, then another, got to 10 pairs of knickers (need vodka and coke by now!!) - she'd only done me 30 pairs of knickers - luckly the other box was daft things like 30 badge, pencil, rubber, pencil case, little photo frame, - it was fun but daft.

Might be worth having a look at Vistaprint - you can order 4 personalised items just pay postage, - if you sign up for emails - thshirt, notebook, pen, photobook, - on average a 21day posting - u pay £6 for all those xx
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • tommyhaynes96
    Options
    When you decide to gift something special to a man then it's very important to take his likes and dislikes into consideration.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure