We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Help yet again please guys

Options
OK so following the advice of you lot on here I have successfully reclaimed bank chanrges from 2 Halifax accounts, Barclaycard and Capital One. :j Now I'm sitting here this afternoon thinking long and hard about who my next victims are going to be. I had a secured loan with Sterling Credit and I know that when me and ex split up there were massive charges as neither of us paid. The loan is paid off now, can I reclaim any charges? Also I had a Birmingham & Midshires mortgage for 2 years and I know there were charges on that account, can I also claim those back?

I know I should ask on the Re-claim charges board, but I've posed questions in the past and nobody has replied, so as this is my first home I thought I'd try you guys first.

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    yes you can definately claim on the mortgage. Ive got a claim in process at the mo

Not overly sure about the secured loans, but do try consumeractiongroup.co.uk I kow there was lots of chat bout this a few weeks back .
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • GirlRacer_2
    GirlRacer_2 Posts: 3,026 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Lynz. Don't mind me asking but what are you claiming at the moment with your mortgage company, is it charges for missed payments? Am interested in the early redemption charges that everyone is raving about, but firstly don't know if I paid any and secondly I don't know how much exit fee is classed as reasonable.
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    The exit fee has to be what it said on your original paperwork - if they've charged you any more than that, you can claim the difference. Good luck!
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • GirlRacer_2
    Options
    Thanks guys - How sad am I - sat here on a sunny Saturday going through all my old statements planning who to target next!
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    We're all sat here too though....so we must be sad as well lol!
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • GirlRacer_2
    Options
    Money saving is constantly on my mind. I've cut my monthly direct debits down to the bare minimum, I've changed every supplier to the cheapest, I've re-negotiated my mobile phone tarif, I've switched to cheaper mortgage protection, I've joined every cashback site available, I'm clicking everywhere every morning and now I'm actually racking my brains for all the people who have charged me unfairly.

I've become obsessed :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family