We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

How much have/will you spend 5th may???

Options
good morning darling dfw's!!! well despite being rudely woken up at 7am by the sun sneaking past my black out blind ANd curtains :eek: it's a cloudy, cold looking day outside, though mum assures me it's supposed to improve. too late I'm off to work for 12 with wonder boy again....please pray I don't kill him and end up in jail the same time as I end up on the debt free roll of honour!:T (<---wish I could make his hands stay still hehe)

well my nsd run (total of one!) is at an end, I need to pick up yummy treats for the afternoon (my turn) and I need to go food shopping, am eating my last meal out of the freezer for break at work and have pretty bare cupboards, but it does mean i succeeded in not food shopping this week :j

hope you guys have a fabulous start to the bank holiday weekend, but keep it low xxx

Comments

• slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    good morning :)
    its a NSD for me today.
    sf :heartpuls
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Im going to my my weekend job today so that will keep my from spending money on toot! I am spending a ''budgeted'' £1.25 in the Staff Canteen today as they always seem to do a nice meal On a Saturday and I am ravenous when I get home at 11pm tonight otherwise.

Apart from that I will not spend a penny as I am not going to take any cash at all with me. I have my Oyster card for travel and £1.25 already on the Canteen card :)
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • crawley_girl
    crawley_girl Posts: 2,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aftternoon all

Just nipped into town on the bus £2.80 (return journey) then £11.25 in lush on a little birthday present for a friend and something little for me, then £2 on card and wrapping paper in cheap shop. A further £2.50 in Savers on some bathroom mould and mildew cleaner - 1 or me and 1 for mum, which is like nothing I have used before... totally magic!

So what does that make... £18.55 but that's ok cos it was all budgetted for...

:heartpuls CG :heartpuls
    Ever wonder about those people who spend £2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water? Try spelling Evian backward.
  • Garnet_Gem
    Garnet_Gem Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £1.20 on a newspaper (the only one i buy all week) and a pint of milk from my local shop. Keeping out of the supermarkets (as much as i can)thanks to this site.
  • ani*fan
    ani*fan Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

Trying to spend nothing today but may nip to the pub later and spend £1 on irn bru!
    If you know you have enough, you're rich. ;)
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ani*fan wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Trying to spend nothing today but may nip to the pub later and spend £1 on irn bru!

Are you all addicted on irn bru in Glasgow? :rolleyes:
    Mind you, I quite enjoy the odd glass myself, though. :beer:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi LJ - I had to spend £79.95 today, on new glasses, at TESCO Opticians. :eek:
    I normally go to Boots, but TESCO were offering FREE Eye Tests and BOGOF on glasses in their £79.95 range.
    Perhaps I'll stop bumping into things now.:beer:
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • f85
    f85 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone!

£2.30 in the pub this afternoon, other than that no other spends planned.

Haven't been on for a while to record my spends so I'll do some calculations and update my sig on the week's spends. Hopefully I'll be within budget again, but I doubt it:rolleyes:

F
    f85

Proud to be dealing with my debts

This week's budget = £65.00 : current spend = £66.46
  • prophecy_grrl
    prophecy_grrl Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've really blown the budget this week. Today I went for lunch with a friend I haven't seen in ages (£4), bought 2 DVDs on sale in Woolies (£6), did a top up food shop (£11) and bought a charity raffle ticket (£1)

Total spend today = £22

I'm not going anywhere else today, so that's it for this week.
    *** PROPHECY_GRRL***
    *** DEBT FREE AS OF 17/10/11 - I DID IT!!! ***
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    I've been bad today :( called in at Tesco for some pillow cases (£1.97 each, needed four), and 'accidentally' spent £35 on a tower fan thingy for the kids bedroom and some other stuff, that shockingly, I can't even remember! (They're in a bag upstairs....)

Will try harder tomorrow!
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business