We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Nationwide haven't issued NEW offer letter

My mortgage application has been accepted. However, I recently changed my mortgage rate to new cheapest one and paid product fee via credit card this week Monday and the money has been duducted from my Cr card. Today I called to Nationwide and ask why I haven't received yet the new offer letter as I need to complete my house contract this month. They said the product fee has not been paid yet. I told them that I have paid this and now but they cannot see on their system. I am just woundering why they haven't received payment yet. Is this normal or they havn't update their system yet from their adminstration department. I asked these from NW but they don't have any answer.

Is this normal? We need to do completion this month and very confused what to do.:(
«1

Comments

  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Takes a few days for NW to be in receipt of the funds from the credit card company.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 39,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    So you requested a change of product on Monday 4 February and are chasing a revised offer you expect to be receiving on Thursday 7?

    It will take a week, possibly ten days for it to be authorised, added to print queue, posted and arrive with you.

    Did you actually ask them how long the process would take when you embarked on this plan? Did you tell them your exchange and completion timescales?
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • kingstreet wrote: »
    So you requested a change of product on Monday 4 February and are chasing a revised offer you expect to be receiving on Thursday 7?

    It will take a week, possibly ten days for it to be authorised, added to print queue, posted and arrive with you.

    Did you actually ask them how long the process would take when you embarked on this plan? Did you tell them your exchange and completion timescales?

    I told them everything. My MA said it should take immediately and they will issue you revised offer within two days. She also again contacted to NW just now. All solicitor's searches has been done and satisfactory yesterday. I haven't exchanged the contract yet and our vender wants to complete by latest 25th Feb. I contacted to Nationwide via twitter and sent my details by direct mail. Hope will receive any good news!!
  • Let_Us_See
    Let_Us_See Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    Nationwide is one of the most pedantic lenders around and you are unlikely to receive a new offer within a couple of days. The confusion regarding CC payment is typical of this lender, however, if your solicitor is well into searches etc. then I am sure the new mortgage offer will be issued in time for exchange - which, unless you are exchanging and completing at the same time, will be the earlier deadline.
  • So far NW are very helpful, specially their twitter service. I just received a new message that they have now issued a revised mortgag offer...:beer: Great .. finger crossed:j
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    rasakukoo wrote: »
    My MA said it should take immediately and they will issue you revised offer within two days.

    Take 2 working days as a minimum to receive the money. Let alone process it.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Let_Us_See wrote: »
    The confusion regarding CC payment is typical of this lender,

    What confusion?
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 39,514 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    There's a broker involved in this, but Twatter saves the day.

    That's alarming.

    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Let_Us_See
    Let_Us_See Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    What confusion?

    Thrugelmir. Suggest you read the original post.
  • rasakukoo
    rasakukoo Posts: 42 Forumite
    edited 8 February 2013 at 11:17AM
    :T
    kingstreet wrote: »
    There's a broker involved in this, but Twatter saves the day.

    That's alarming.

    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

    The NW twitter always respond you quickly. They only informed me that they have forwarded my details to NW mortgage department and they will contact me soon. However, my mortgage advisor is very efficient. She wasn't in the office yesterday morning, but when she returned to office in the afternoon, she contacted to NW and confirmed me that they have re-issued offer, and within 45 mins I received a massage confirming re-issued offer.;)

    I am happy with my MA as my initial rate was 3.79% and she called me that NW reduced their rate to 3.49 and I can still change the rate to 3.49 (for only £99 product fee and is worth it) and this cost will be covered within 4 months... which I did before exchange and now I can save more money and pay less mortgage interest..
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.