We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Skipton Building Society Mortgage Process

Hi all,
Looking for some advice.
I'm currently going through the mortgage application process with Skipton.
Filled in my full application with mortgage advisor on Sat 18th January. Recieved an email update from mortgage advisor telling me that all documents had been received by skipton that they needed from me and that their was a slight back log and my case would be looked at on either 30th or 31st January.

I then recieved an email from mortgage advisor on 31st Jan, saying that Skipton had requested a copy of valuation and they would update me once it was recieved. I have heard nothing now since the 31st.

Has anyone recently gone through Skiptons mortgage application process, what comes first underwriting or request for valuation details?

Another thing I should mention is I noticed on my online banking around the 31st Jan that Skipton have added a direct debit onto my account but I don't know if that's a positive sign or not?

Thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.