We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Calculating my monthly payment
Paintingrainbows
Posts: 29 Forumite
This seems like a simple question but I can't get my tiny brain to figure it out!!!
I am due to finish my fixed rate with nationwide and my research tells me it is best to go onto their BMR at 2.5% currently.
I want to do some budgeting, when putting the figures into an online calulator to calculate my monthly payment should it be the length of my mortgage when I took out the original deal (5 years ago, 26 years) or the length of my mortgage left (21 years)?
Hope that makes sense!
I am due to finish my fixed rate with nationwide and my research tells me it is best to go onto their BMR at 2.5% currently.
I want to do some budgeting, when putting the figures into an online calulator to calculate my monthly payment should it be the length of my mortgage when I took out the original deal (5 years ago, 26 years) or the length of my mortgage left (21 years)?
Hope that makes sense!
0
Comments
-
Length of mortgage left0
-
is only simple if you know the answer, im no expert but i would have thought and hoped it would be done on the term that you had left0
-
Outstanding amount and term left at point of change.0
-
You can use an Excel formula to calculate the repayment amount
=pmt(0.025/12,months remaining,current value of mortgage)
This may not exactly match Nationwide's calculations but will be approximately right.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards