We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Agreement in Principle

My partner and I went to see a fees free whole of market broker at the weekend about a FTB 90% LTV mortgage and I think he got us a really good deal with Santander.

4.49% Fixed for 2 years, £250 cashback, Free Valuation and a contribution towards legal fees.

He put our details through to Santander this morning, who did a credit check and then issued an agreement in principle. The broker is now putting through our full application. He has taken the application fee and documents (proof of ID, payslips, bank statements etc) for the underwriters and says I should hopefully get a decision (subject to valuation) by the end of the week.

What is the likelihood that, if all information given when we applied for the agreement in principle was accurate, we would then be declined by the underwriters?
Success' of 2012:
-
Debts:
Student Loans: £28,758




Comments

  • Wh05apk
    Wh05apk Posts: 2,938 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    If everything is as per AIP, then you should be fine.
    I am a mortgage adviser.
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Kit603
    Kit603 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Thank you for the advice, everything is as per the AIP. I've still not had a formal offer yet, but the mortgage company have proceeded to instruct the valuation to be carried out so i'm hoping this is good news.
    Success' of 2012:
    -
    Debts:
    Student Loans: £28,758




  • If Santander have instructed the valuation that is good as they do not do this until the application has been approved.

    They will await the valuation now and if all is ok they will go to Offer.
  • Conrad
    Conrad Posts: 33,137 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Direct 90% deals will have been cheaper.
  • Kit603
    Kit603 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Conrad wrote: »
    Direct 90% deals will have been cheaper.

    I did shop around before I decided to go for this rate, I tried an alternative broker (L&C) and I went direct to various lenders aswell as trying comparison websites. I wasn't able to find a rate that worked out cheaper over the length of the fixed term (taking into account fees and cashbacks).
    Success' of 2012:
    -
    Debts:
    Student Loans: £28,758




This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.