PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezer food labels

Options

Comments

• bluebag
    bluebag Posts: 2,450 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just use ordinary pen and paper. Line the takeaway box with a poly bag and freeze, then take out the frozen 'brick' overwrap with another poly bag with the paper label between the two bags.

Frees up containers quickly and the 'bricks' fit in the freezer pretty well.
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    I use normal stationery ones. They stick to the plastic boxes fine.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Masking tape - sticks well and is also easy to get off when you want to. and the good old sharpie :D
  • Redlady.....
    Options
    I have stopped pre cooking some meals and now freeze meals, ready to cook.

I did away with all the boxes and takeaway containers and invested in Lakeland lockable bags (stronger than the others)and started to freeze meals in marinades and stocks, uncooked, then froze them flat and thin. I use a sharpie to write on the bags before filling.

I use the same principle to freeze cooked dishes when doubling up on the evening meal.

Can't post a link, sorry, but I got it from someone on here who posted a link from pinterest.
  • daisiegg
    daisiegg Posts: 5,395 Forumite
    Options
    I just use a permanent marker and write on the tub or bag. On clear plastic tubs the marker washes off in the dishwasher. It doesn't wash off old margarine tubs which I use a LOT, but I just cross out the old thing and write on the new one until the whole thing is covered!
  • dbb802
    dbb802 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    When buying fresh meat, to get more into the freezer, I cut the label and stick inside the freezer bag with the meat. (Best bit of advice I have, so had to share!)

But when freezing cooked meals, I stick them in a container and write with a permanent marker (Like daisiegg above) and it tends to wash off. Tried labels etc, but I find this much quicker and the labels had a tendency to fall off.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    Options
    I use stationary labels as well. They stick fine.
  • krlyr
    krlyr Posts: 5,993 Forumite
    Options
    Marker pen here too - wipes off even with handwashing (no dishwasher in this household). I write the contents and the date I froze it, just so I can make sure I rotate to use the oldest stuff first.
  • karren
    karren Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    Options
    whiteboard marker, i got fed up of the takeaway containers so bought some ceramic white dishes in poundland and then stack up when frozen, and they can be warmed in oven or micro then and served in dish
    :A :j
  • Masking Tape is good option for frozen food packaging labels but if you want online best labelling services then "Etiquette Sytem" is best option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure