Mortgage Advice

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
2 replies 412 views
TreshTresh Forumite
13 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgages & Endowments
Hi

I am due to complete on my purchase next Friday 8 February. My mortgage is with Santander. I need to purchase furniture etc for the flat. The question I have is if I were to purchase the furniture on interest free credit prior to completing the purchase, would this affect my credit rating such the Santander may decide to withhold the mortgage monies? I I am presuming that Santander would carry out a credit check prior to transferring monies to my solicitors?

Many thanks guys.

Replies

• GMSGMS Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can you not wait until next Friday to purchase the furniture? Why risk having the mortgage pulled for the sake of a week.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • TreshTresh Forumite
    13 Posts
    Thanks - I agree with what you say, but:

I ordered it a while back so as to catch the sales and due to the waiting time wouldn't have to be in the new place too long without anything to sit on and eat from!

Unfortunately, completion got bumped back a couple of weeks and now if I am to pay by interest free, I need to sort it out by next Thursday, the day before I complete!

If you think there's a real risk to it being pulled, I will either find a way to pay cash for it or something?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals