joined yoga class

Options
I have just joined yoga class and will be starting it tomorrow. The problem is that I dont have a yoga mat. Does anyone know what to take instead of yoga mat? I really dont want to feel embarrassed for not using a proper mat but dont have a choice. Thanks

Comments

• trolleyrun
    trolleyrun Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    Most yoga places have mats for you to use. When I go to pilates I bring my own mat (although mats are provided) which is a foam camping style mat. If you don't have that, you might want to bring a thick big towel.

Yoga is wonderful! I hope you enjoy it. You'll feel a difference very quickly (within a few sessions) :)
  • browneyedbazzi
    Options
    I'd ask the instructor if they have a spare mat you can use because most will. The surface of the yoga mat is a little bit 'sticky' which is quite important to prevent slips which can lead to injury so I wouldn't really recommend using anything else.

I hope you enjoy the class, yoga is brilliant!
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try Gumtree or Freecycle for a cheap one. Or ebay, but they may have a 7-9 day wait on them as most will likely be on auction.

Most Yoga classes have a mat or few spare but just a tip: get your own mat as it will then only/mainly have your skin cells on it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure