Finally Married - Yay!

blondy24
blondy24 Posts: 702 Forumite
edited 29 January 2013 at 1:08PM in Weddings & anniversaries
Hello All,

We got married on 6th January and had the most wonderful of days. There were a few little hiccups (who doesn't have them!) and the day flew by :( but it was fantastic and married the love of my life :j Back from our fab two week honeymoon and have a new addition to the family which is taking up our time at the mo (puppy!) Still feels a bit surreal that I am now married! haha!

Want to say thank you to everyone who helped me on here with ideas etc. I will post more soon about the big day and add pics hopefully.

Does anyone know the link for who to let know about changing name?

Thanks x

Comments

• hiya. congratulations!
    just a question, since you have had your 'big' day, is there anything you would have done differently? didnt really need or missed and wanted etc?? looking for some wisdom and hindsight!! lol
    Debt Free Wannabe since Sept 2012!
    £8,106.27 / £10,770.00 - 75.26% paid!! Getting closer!
    Debt Free by Xmas 2013!!
    Thanks to those that post freebies and competitions!
  • bexsmum
    bexsmum Posts: 116 Forumite
    Hi Blondy,

We did it too!! Even though I've done the whole thing before - I enjoyed this one so much more. Everything went to plan, everything I made looked amazing, everyone had a fantastic day and we've just got back from honeymoon.

Pics Blondy?!?! I'm sooooo nosey... but I'm also a bit shy... so someone else from January go first please!

Pinkskyatnight - not a jot I would have done differently, it was planned within an inch of its life lol. I dont have OCD I have CDO as that is in alphabetical order!!
    Things we probably didnt need was all the food - yet I had 1 canape, DH had 2, my mother had 4 and has parents about the same. But we did evening buffet of hot and cold food, wedding fruit and sponge cake, a 3 tier cheese wedding cake, a Krispy Kreme tower and also a candy buffet!!! Yes I have a sweet tooth and like my grub :o)

Wants - cant think of anything. DH was dissapointed the majority of his "mates" didnt turn up even though they said they would but looking back we didnt have time to get around everyone and talk to them so they werent really a miss or want.

Hindsight - try not to get too stressed. I've lost nearly a stone since xmas harrassed with wedding and my lack of job. But on the day it was the best thing ever.
    Dont let other people stress you out either. Everyone says it on here - its your day, do what you want, invite who you want and make sure you talk to your other half about everything thats bothering you as you'll find its bothering them too.

And final thing - at one point in the day, stop dead and take that moment in. I did it at my first wedding, advised friends to do it at theirs over the last 20 years and did it again twice at our day. My memory is looking down the "aisle" watching my daughter and niece walk towards my DH, while looking and making sure I said hello and smiled at everyone. Second one watching the band at the evening - everyone dancing using stupid glasses, beads, headbands and other dressy up things and thinking this is hilarious!

Brilliant day... couldnt have asked for better! Cant wait for my photographer to sort some photies out "desperate" to see some

Bexsmum x
    Now Mrs! Still mum though.... :D
    Holiday 2013
    January - Dubai
    August - Disney World & New York
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts