national express compensation?

Options
Bought an insured ticket last week and travelled on friday.
return ticket was due for sunday.

got called up 5mins before the return coach was due to say it was cancelled due to the heavy snow and next ticket available was monday and thats all they could manage or a 50% refund (of a £4.50 ticket).

meant i had to pay for

-a hotel to stay an extra night
-a cab fare a second time to get back to the said hotel and of course the cab fare again the next morning
-take the monday off work as one of my holidays at the anger of my boss

t&c on website basically say they are not responsible for anything and can only refund you the cost of the ticket.

my grievence would be they could have told me that the coach was cancelled 2hrs before it was due to arrive saving me the two cab fares,time waiting,courtesy call to boss & allowing me to arrange with the hotel I was originally staying at for an extra night instead of paying a premium for another hotel.

anybody had any luck in compensation?

Comments

• Exile_geordie
    Options
    If it was an insured ticket can you not claim from the insurance. Thats what it is there for isnt it.
    Dont rock the boat
    Dont rock the boat ,baby
  • till_man
    Options
    that is what I thought and my mates were telling me i should get comped.

insurance policy is here
    nationalexpressDOTcom/utilities/insurance_policy_summary.pdf

basically says you got to have died to get 10k or if an item of yours is damaged they will comp you to £100 when you pay them £30.

conditions of carriage are here
    nationalexpressDOTcom/coach_ims/pdf/NXConditionsofCarriage2011.pdf
    (c) Cancellation before service has begun: If we cancel or withdraw a service before it has commenced, other than due to a
    circumstance beyond our reasonable control, and you do have a seat reserved on it, our liability will be at our option to:-
    (i) make suitable alternative arrangements to carry you to your destination on another coach, or other mode of transport as we
    deem fit
    ; or
    (ii) cancel the ticket, and allow you to claim a refund of the full amount of the fare, if no portion of the ticket has been used, or if the
    outward part of a return ticket has been used, 50% of the fare.

which seems to be if they say so then tough.
    for any future mse guys contemplating paying extra for insurance with national express, even if you were to lose an eye or limb then you need to prove to them for 12months that it has affected you to get the 20k comp.

excuse the DOT its because as a new member i cannot post links
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport