Dfw!!

Options
Hi guys my name is Louise. I have been lurking on this forum on and off for about 5 years now. Its helped me with debt before and its about to help me again!

I would join some of the challenges as I think some are great but the amount of posts soon start to confuse me, and i always seem to miss them by a long shot. So thought if i started my own little diary and update every few days it will help me keep motivated about paying off my debts.

I am currently just under £5000 in debt. Here is what I have:-
Virgin CC: £2080 at 17.9%
Halifax CC: £1900 currently at 0% until October so not worrying about that one to much yet.
Overdraft: £750 but this is free. I pay £14 a month for the account and i get my breakdown cover and insurance for my iphone and a few other things.

How did I get into this much debt? I let myself go, I have always been good with my money. About six months ago i moved in with my brother as he was struggling with bills and went half on everything. About a month in i lost my job, and thats when it all started. Luckily i had quite a few in savings.

I got both credit cards before i moved in. The virgin was for stoozing, and i was going great. until i had to dig in to my savings after i lost my job then i got the other. Unfortunately once i got in to this situation i never stopped going out at the weekends as i still had money in the savings and carried on with my credit cards.

I've let things get very bad and it needs to stop. My mum and dad have agreed to let me move in to there second home. So i can carry on living out of the rents house. They dont want any rent, but only if i go work with my dad every tuesday and sunday (which is more than a fair deal and it stops me going out on saturdays) and i have started to apply for part time jobs (3 intervies next weeks) only applying for part time so I can go with my dad. Yesterday was my first night staying in and saving money going out. That will be the hardest part.

I am also on dooyoo, ciao and onepoll. I'ce earned money from dooyoo and ciao before, and everything i continue to earn will be going straight towards the virgin cc. I cant apply for any cards as I have been declined, so no balance transfer. I guess the lack of income is to do with that. Im not crafty in the slightest, so cant do nothing there. Though i can knit very well. But i cant imagine anything i do would go on ebay? i tried when i was younger, but nothing happened, didnt bother again.

As soon as i get a job I know it will help loads, so fingers crossed! up until then any other hints and tips from you guys? I have made myself a chart to stick to! And now starting this diary,

I plan to have all this debt gone by christmas 2013. If not, before, and I dont plan on failing either!
DFW:
Virgin CC: £2074 - 01.01.13
Halifax CC: £1850 - 01.01.13
Overdraft: £800 - 01.01.13
What do we say to the god of death?
Not today!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy shiney new diary :)
    Keep posting!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • loulybooly
    Options
    Nothing has changed, in fact things have got worse. Now gone over my overdraft by £3! Luckily have £55 to put in the bank which most is for another direct debit.
    Had my interview yesterday for new job - dont think i have it, said i would here something today but nothing. But here's to hoping!

On a good note, i canceled my lovefilm account today so there £4.99 saved each month, i know its not alot but its something there!
    DFW:
    Not today!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you get something soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Homemadehappiness
    Options
    welcome to diaryland :) x x x
    Snowballing my way out of debt!
    Catalogue [STRIKE]£1600 [/STRIKE] £1502 - Catalogue 0% [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE] £860 - CC £2390 - OD £3500 - Family £1050 - Laptop £280.81 - Loan £3485.81 - Wescott £2814.56
    TOTAL OCT 12 £16021.18:eek:
    Member of the Sealed Pot Challenge #1840
  • loulybooly
    Options
    Second weekend staying in, miss it already. Now know why my debt got this bad, using my money for nights out!

Oh well, gotta think in the long run of things!
    DFW:
    Not today!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income