help GMAC RFC

Options
hi my mortgage is with gmac rfc thy have sent a letter taking action to get back 580 17 p that i owe on arrears i have sent this off but have missed this months payment which i can pay in two weeks

i dont have a direct debit with them so i am charged 15 pounds plus 50 pounds arears fee each month this was because i was taken to court over arrears and had to defend myself
as i was remortgaging but the brooker left me swinging EXCHANGE AND MART dont worry we halt it paid 300 pounds up front
i am also in a iva

which i have been paying since 2003 march a few misseds payment but should be up to date by summer ( £400)

presnt mortgage is 73,000

are there any no cost remortgage as dont want extra since i am in a iva which i want to finnish

thanks Paul
cuurent payment intrest only 536 plus 15 pounds and 50 pounds arrears fee

Comments

• bukup
    bukup Posts: 235 Forumite
    Options
    I work for a firm of solicitors and just recently we have been receiving a few mortgage offers for people in your position. The lenders are : Kensington, Edeus and Mortgages Plc. Try going direct to save proc fees (brokers fee which are added to your loan) but if you do need to use a broker, then explain to them the reason why - they are all really helpful.
  • homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Options
    some of these lenders will not accept business direct from consumers.

get yourself to a whole of market fee free broker so you can explore all your options.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Leon_W
    Leon_W Posts: 1,813 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    bukup

You are wrong on Proc fees (or procuration fees). They are paid to brokers when any introduced business completes. The fees are NOT added to anyone's loan and are paid by the lender directly. Whether the client uses a broker or goes direct to the lender does not make the slightest difference.

You may be confusing this with a broker fee. Some charge extra and some do not. This fee can be added to the loan or paid upfront.

As homer points out, many of these lenders WILL NOT deal with the public directly as many of them prefer this sort of client to take some advice before commiting.

Hope this helps.
  • gpaul49
    gpaul49 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    thank you
    will look into this paul
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income