Can't access internet banking website

Options
Zabl
Zabl Posts: 232 Forumite
Wondering if anyone can help?

I bank with Lloyds and usually use internet banking quite alot to transfer money, check balances etc. However since saturday, I have not been able to get on the website at all.

I get the following message:
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at https://www.lloydstsb.com.
* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
https://www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

I've checked the firewall, turned it off and nothing, pinged the website and it say "can not find host", i've flushed the DNS as well.

I'm at the end of the line here :mad: , can anyone help? I'd be eternally grateful :D
Lightbulb Moment April 2006.
Pay off All Debts by 31.12.2014.
CC1: £5594, CC2: £164, OD1: £200,
Total:£5958

Comments

• JonnyThunder
    Options
    Have u tried clearing internet history and temporary files (Cache)?

Also, have u tried Internet Explorer to see if that works? The Lloyds site is definately up just now. (although not sure why a ping doesn't resolve - though that could be prevented by your router / software firewall)
    Throwing acid is bad.... in some peoples eyes...
  • Zabl
    Zabl Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    yup tried IE & Firefox, also tried with my flatmates machine, but still not working.
    Cleared Cache & Temp files........
    Must be a router problem, but the site isn't on any blocked lists :-(

Thanks for reply, any other suggestions? i'm stumped - boo hiss
    Lightbulb Moment April 2006.
    Pay off All Debts by 31.12.2014.
    CC1: £5594, CC2: £164, OD1: £200,
    Total:£5958
  • jamalfatty
    jamalfatty Posts: 960 Forumite
    Options
  • Jzpop
    Jzpop Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    "Windows XP has the "DNS Client" service running by default which caches previous DNS requests in memory. It also reads the entire hosts file into that cache as well, which can cause a slowdown at boot time if the file is large (most likely because it is being used for ad filtering). One solution is to disable this service. " Try disabling the DNS client service and rebooting, then re-enabling it (source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file )

You might also want to check your hosts file and see whether there is a reference to https://www.lloydstsb.com in it. If there is, and it is preceded by something like either 127.0.0.1, or 192.168.0.1, then you need to put a hash mark (#) at the beginning of that line (see same reference as above).

If neither of these fixes apply, then it may be possible that your ISP has blacklisted that site (very unlikely), or that despite turning off your firewall it is still blocking access to that site - in which case the only way to find out is to uninstall the firewall, reboot and try to access lloyds again, then reinstall the firewall.
  • superjaggybunnet
    Options
    If you send me all your details and passwords etc I will check it out for you and get back to you ...................

As soon as I get to Bermuda. lol
  • skiddy2k
    skiddy2k Posts: 1,627 Forumite
    Options
    agree with Jzpop... check your host files... go into C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc and if you have a file in there named HOST, try to rename it and then go onto www.lloydstsb.com.
    i
    f that doesnt work, rename your host file to its origional name and click start>run>regedit
    navigate to hklm\system and select it.
    click ctrl+f on your keyboard and type in lloydstsb. find it and post a screenshot if it finds anything
  • dragon999
    dragon999 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I know some banks are not letting 'other internet explorer' formats access their sites.
    I had some issues when I changed to IE7.
  • wacko911
    wacko911 Posts: 678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could also be a HTTPS issue. Try another SECURE website and see if you get errors

Eg logging in to Ebay
  • BeerBelly
    BeerBelly Posts: 325 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there any other sites your cant get to?

Try hotmail.com and https://www.microsoft.com

If you cant view these either AND you are connected to a broadband router (like most of us are), you may need to open some ports up on the router - easier than it sounds, so don't fret.

What model router is it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport