Asda opticians

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
6 replies 1.3K views
whopsie_hunterwhopsie_hunter Forumite
167 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
Took advantage of free eye test in asda magazine.
Further tempted by an offer at their opticians for two pair of designer specs for £95, I decided to take advantage. As usual with offers this price was based on lowest price lens i.e £25 ones.
This is where it gets complicated!!
I wanted the £35 lens (toughened lens ) My dear money saving experts should work out that the price should now be £115... That is: £95 plus an extra £10 each for the difference between the prices of the two sets of lens. HOWEVER the assistant said the price would be £95 Plus £35 for toughened lens. The (now) two assistants however could not give me a definate price on the finished product until the order has been completed and the glasses received. One of the assistants went to phone head office but never in actual fact came back!! Does anybody know what I will Pay, Asda staff included. :confused:

Replies

• poppyoliviapoppyolivia Forumite
    3K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price WILL be £95 plus £35 per frame as the £25 lenses come as standard with the frame....you want better so it is an extra £35. Can see where you are coming from but i'm afraid it doesn't work like that...the £25 lenses are FREE with the frames.
    You may walk and you may run
    You leave your footprints all around the sun
    And every time the storm and the soul wars come
    You just keep on walking
  • No. The offer says that the lens are priced at £25 nothing about lens being included in price
  • Took advantage of free eye test in asda magazine.
    Further tempted by an offer at their opticians for two pair of designer specs for £95, I decided to take advantage. As usual with offers this price was based on lowest price lens i.e £25 ones.
    This is where it gets complicated!!
    I wanted the £35 lens (toughened lens ) My dear money saving experts should work out that the price should now be £115... That is: £95 plus an extra £10 each for the difference between the prices of the two sets of lens. HOWEVER the assistant said the price would be £95 Plus £35 for toughened lens. The (now) two assistants however could not give me a definate price on the finished product until the order has been completed and the glasses received. One of the assistants went to phone head office but never in actual fact came back!! Does anybody know what I will Pay, Asda staff included. :confused:

Although the price remained a secret until the bitter end, I have just collected the glasses and found that I was charged only the difference between the cost of the different lens or is it lenses Good old Asda :T
  • suziewuziesuziewuzie Forumite
    727 Posts
    Hi there w h, Is this offer (the eye test) in the latest Asda mag - is it in every month. I don't shop at Asda but OH needs a test, so I would pop in to get the mag if the offer is still valid.
    Ta
    Suzie
    Weight loss - here we go again - watch this space!

US...........And them............
  • suzie, afaik, it was in april edition, valid til end of april. If you join boots health club, you get a voucher for a free eye test. Hth x
  • suziewuzie wrote: »
    Hi there w h, Is this offer (the eye test) in the latest Asda mag - is it in every month. I don't shop at Asda but OH needs a test, so I would pop in to get the mag if the offer is still valid.
    Ta
    Suzie
    Hi the eye test offer isn't on anymore but you can still have a the two pair of designer specs for £95 basic price but with extra cost for better lens. Nice glasses too..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals