post OR interview

Hi guys
just to let you know I had my interview last Thursday at 1000 and was as nervous as hell. The OR went through my form and just picked on about 4 sections and was quite happy with my answers.
I get to keep the car and there is nothing to pay so I think I got off relatively lightly. The letters are just beginning to come in from creditors notifying me that the official receiver has been in contact with them. Can anyone tell me i had a television and a dvd ~I purchased from a catalogue company and my husband was paying for but because it was in my name i had to declare in the bankruptcy. The OR said that would be absolved within the bankruptcy -= does that mean the creditors can claim it back or does it mean that they lose out?

Comments

• Bakeybadoo
    Bakeybadoo Posts: 810 Forumite
    Well this is the official definition of 'absolved'

- relieve somebody of obligation: to release somebody from an obligation or requirement

So, I'd say that means it's fine and has been written off under BR.

I'm glad you had a good, productive meeting with the OR. :smiley:
    :: BCSC #71 but now discharged! ::
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad all went well for ya
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • Glad it went well for you
    Official DFW NERD 189

I may be a woman but dont hold it against me:D

Officially declared Br 6/11/06

Discharged Br 4/5/07 (6 months to the day)

BCSC MEMBER 21
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    You will be okay - stop worrying. What is a TV and Video in comparison to the weight that has been lifted from your shoulders?
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • jules23958
    jules23958 Posts: 103 Forumite
    thanks guys one helluva relief all round...
  • Great news, Jules. Congratulations. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure