We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Gift help for difficult recipient

Options
Hello

I need a gift for my OH who has many things. He likes his kindle and gadgets but has most things I guess. I will be making him a cake and special card from his LO but other than that I am stumped. I would love to introduce him to a new hobby but I have no idea what. He doesn't really drink and isn't into many sports.

Thanks

Comments

• zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What about a nice case for his kindle? I have a lovely one made from organic hemp. It looks and feels like a nice quality book binding, and people often comment on it.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it very close to his birthday?

Could you both make a bucket list - you may get some inspiration from there.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • mr_knight
    mr_knight Posts: 943 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks you have both given me a couple of ideas.

I think I could make 2 gifts from that :)
  • zanuda
    zanuda Posts: 382 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 January 2013 at 7:02PM
    Options
    mr_knight wrote: »
    Hello

...I would love to introduce him to a new hobby but I have no idea what...

Thanks

Start playing bridge. but I have to warn you - it's for self-controlling people, when you play with the spouse. On the other hand starting is easier together.
  • Hezzawithkids
    Options
    Is your OH my OH? ;)

Does he like music? My OH has set up a wish list on Amazon to get CD's of his favourite classic albums dating back to the 70s, some of which are now quite rare and some collectible. Over the years he's built up quite an impressive library, people always know what to get him and he's deeply appreciative.
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport