MSE News: Blockbuster latest to go into administration: Your rights

2»

Comments

• Do we have a list available of stores that are closing?
  • Might sound like a silly question but is Blockbuster online sales and Blockbuster marketplace effected and should i order as website says nothing.
  • I have been getting blockbuster dvd rental for years and never had a problem,but now they don't seem to be sending out titles from my list so I tried to cancel my subscription.On the account page there is a phone number for cancellations which I rang and was put through to the administrators who didn't have a clue what to do! Anyone else had a problem cancelling?
  • rodman
    rodman Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    im trying to cancel my dvd rental, tried to call them but no one is picking up the phone.
  • ianjul
    ianjul Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hello.
    Agree with the above posts regarding the online membership.
    Since they have gone into administration they have sent out an email saying the online side is all good & keep on renting, but must admit the service now is really slow, now taking at least 3 days to send out new films from my list and are always 'attempting to allocate stock' message shown on my account. Will most probably cancel my membership when just before my next payment date is due, but it looks like that might be difficult to do ! -Has anybody actually cancelled their online membership yet since they went into administration ?
    Sorry Blockbuster, but need to improve your act pretty quick if you want me to carry on with you, else I'm off to Lovefilm !!!
  • Notsram
    Notsram Posts: 85 Forumite
    I've been tryng to cancel my account since early February. I work until at least 5.30 most nights, so it's really difficult to call their cancellation line. Whenever I've tried, there's no answer.

I've also sent emails requesting cancellation using the 'contact us' form on their website, but not had any reply, although interestingly, I did get an email from them in mid-February giving me a months free subscription as compensation for a billing !!!!-up on their part in January. So, I'm currrently on a free month, but still trying to cancel...

Have just sent them another email this evening, so let's see if that brings any response.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Why not write to them copying the letter to your bank with an instruction not to allow any further payments from your card? Problem solved, providing you're not in any minimum contract period.
  • Notsram
    Notsram Posts: 85 Forumite
    Well, they've answered my latest email straight away (or within 24 hours, at least), saying that providing all my discs are returned before my next billing date, I won't be charged again and my account will be closed.

Fingers crossed...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport