Tesco reduced party food

Options
claire21
claire21 Posts: 32,747 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
edited 31 December 2012 at 7:48PM in Food shopping & groceries

Comments

• matty17r
    matty17r Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tonight at our local tesco half hour before closing time sa said he would not be reducing the party food any more but anything else he would! Maybe Mr. t has cottoned on to the good offer on party food!
  • sally06
    sally06 Posts: 4,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    matty17r wrote: »
    Tonight at our local tesco half hour before closing time sa said he would not be reducing the party food any more but anything else he would! Maybe Mr. t has cottoned on to the good offer on party food!

it was reduced in the store I went to this afternoon. Got 8 pks and 40p off my shopping:)
  • barksavingmad
    Options
    Yes an email had gone to all T's telling them not to reduce the party food lower than £1.25 per item. Allowing the multybuy to still kick in but them not make a loss! Some T's are abiding, others aren't!!:beer:
    DS 17 years :)DD 16 years DS 5 years
    Busy working mum spinning plates!
    With an Itch to Glitch :D
    Proud to be part of MSE life!:money:
    Grocery Challenge
    /£300 :j

• The_Old_Bag
    The_Old_Bag Posts: 4,706 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    claire21 wrote: »

I discovered this by accident recently - party food was reduced to 15p each. It looked unhealthy and unappetizing, but at that price, I thought I would give it a go - cheap enough to throw out if it tasted as bad as it looked.
    Couldn't believe my receipt when £4 discount clicked in (had bought 4 packs) So spent 60p, received a discount of £4 - no brainer!!
    So I went back and bought another 8 items, and bought a bottle of bubbly with the lovely double discounts.

The food was unappetizing, and extremely greasy as I suspected - but the birds/foxes/local wildlife are having a lovely banquet over the festive period:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure