Can i buy christmas presents for 2013?

Options
Will toiletries, perfumes etc last till next year for gifts?

I was thinking about getting fcuk, no7, perfume gift sets for 2013 xmas while they are in the sale but will they go off or expire?

Thanks
2018 wins: Scottish weekend break, london weekend break and hotel chocolat hamper

Comments

• Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yep, I always have and never had a problem, even keep some bits for me for later in the year. still smells very fresh
  • alisara
    alisara Posts: 305 Forumite
    Options
    I bought loads of giftsets in the 75% off sale last year, not very mse but they were all for myself! I am still using them and they are all just fine.
  • Naf
    Naf Posts: 3,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I tried this one year; I found three problems. Firstly, I ate all the sweets long before the following Christmas :-D
    Secondly, I ended up finding much better gifts for people as the year went on.
    Thirdly, some of the relationships weren't quite the same a year on as they had been.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
  • miss_scrooge
    Options
    They won't go off on the back of packet or bottle there's a sign looks like a pot with lid off near the bottom and has 12m on it that means once opened can use for a year sometimes they have 24 m means use for 2 years once opened.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    op theres a thread on the christmas /special occasions board called the holly and the ivy which is full of like minded people, come over and join us.
  • fiscalfreckles
    Options
    Toiletries (bath stuff, creams, perfumes) are generally fine, but make up can sometimes dry up, especially nail varnish. Sometimes it's fine but check before you give to anyone.
  • HappyMaria
    Options
    Toiletries (bath stuff, creams, perfumes) are generally fine, but make up can sometimes dry up, especially nail varnish. Sometimes it's fine but check before you give to anyone.

yes, and you can buy some other gifts, like toys for children or some beautiful scarf for ladies
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Will toiletries, perfumes etc last till next year for gifts?
    I was thinking about getting fcuk, no7, perfume gift sets for 2013 xmas while they are in the sale but will they go off or expire?
    Thanks

Well now is the time to start with the Frugal 2013 Christmas shopping while the offers are there :D
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • miss_scrooge
    Options
    Meadows wrote: »
    Well now is the time to start with the Frugal 2013 Christmas shopping while the offers are there :D

I'm suprised there's not a thread yet for frugal christmas shopping 2013 or is there I bought most of the presents for this year after christmas last year and the mothers day present today just have 4 presents to get for 2 people birthday and christmas.Got the rest of the birthday and christmas presents out the way.More time to make the birthday cards.:T
  • bladerunner73
    Options
    There's the Holly and the Ivy thread which is chat, crafts, gift ideas bargains and everything rolled into one but definitely has a 2013 Christmas focus
    2014 20p savers club #2 I've given up trying to keep track of how much that pig eats!
    2014 £2 savers club #3 - I've no idea, but the pig is beginning to get mighty heavy :eek:
    Sealed pot challenge No.7 #088
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport