Argos (non) sale

Options
Not sure where to post this - before anyone has a go at me. Was watching an item online at Argos on Christmas Eve, but "sale" starts Christmas Day so waited...now a tenner dearer? Anyone have any know-how on how Argos sales work? Keep checking price daily and its still higher - and its exclusive to Argos so cant go elsewhere...do they have a fresh sale in January maybe?

Comments

• miduck
    miduck Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    Options
    Not a Grabbit by any means ...

Not all items will be in a sale. Yours is not. Argos have varying prices right through the year.
  • hyperhailz
    Options
    We bought a camera from Argos the Thursday before Christmas. Price then - £270. Spotted it online yesterday for £320 reduced from £340!! Argos 'sale' isn't what you expect it to be!
  • heatherks
    Options
    that was the same with a gift i wanted for my daughter it was down to 24-99 before christmas and 34-99 in the sale

i dont think they do another sale this is usually it .... till the new book comes out
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    The 'WAS' or 'RRP' price are just a con, online stores use it just to make their prices look better, but they are meaningless. Hardly any store online nowadays charge 'full' price for their goods (well they do charge the full price they want for it, but they just make it look like you are saving money compared to the price someone somewhere may have charged for it at some point in time, or even just though about charging in the case of RRP ;))
  • HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    I'm not saying whether my item is in the sale or not, just amazed it actually costs more now, and peed I didn't buy on Xmas Eve LOL!
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    What we need is an 'insider' to let us know in advance what's happening.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was going to buy a camera at half price of £59.00 looked a great bargain but underneath in small letters it said 'has previously been on sale at £49. Now how daft is that. I refrained from buying it.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • queenlizard45uk
    Options
    I work at argos, but we wont know about price changes beforehand, unless there is a massive change-over (which is usually tuesday night) but we only know of prices that will be on shop floor as we need to do the tickets, apart from that - were the same as you!
    :wave:
  • Basil1234
    Basil1234 Posts: 1,146 Forumite
    Options
    heatherks wrote: »
    that was the same with a gift i wanted for my daughter it was down to 24-99 before christmas and 34-99 in the sale

i dont think they do another sale this is usually it .... till the new book comes out

argos are not doing books anymore their going to be priced online from now on saw this before christmas from md of argos said allowed to be more flexible with pricing also reducing costs printing loads of catalog's
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Basil1234 wrote: »
    argos are not doing books anymore their going to be priced online from now on saw this before christmas from md of argos said allowed to be more flexible with pricing also reducing costs printing loads of catalog's

No they are continuing with catalogues for now, but they are reducing the number they produce.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure